The Chapel had it’s beginning in 1916 when a young evangelist by the name of R.J. Brooks moved to Grand Valley as manager of the Massey-Harris farm implement agency.
He had previously attended Moody Bible School in Chicago and began holding meetings in farm homes in Amaranth Township.
As numbers grew, the young church built a building in 1922 on the 8th line of Amaranth near #89 highway.
Over time, the majority of the congregation lived in Shelburne and in 1960 a new building was erected in Shelburne on Main St.
Besides serving the community in and around Shelburne, the congregation presently supports a number of missionaries and workers in Canada and abroad.